Can you help with online learning?
We can help with online learning for professional development! Have a look at our library of certificate-level training courses available any time, anywhere via any device, The Essentials Program.
We need complex care training and consultation.
Perfect, we have plenty of experience with this. Check out our Clinical Consultancy section.
We’d love training in high-risk support tasks.
And we’d love to work with you to make that happen. Scoot to our Training and Education section for more details.
HIDA (Complex support)
Our team of registered nurses provides comprehensive support staff training for High-Intensity Daily Personal Activities (HIDA-Complex support)
Medecs Learning is an NDIS registered provider 0114 Community Nursing Care.
Where complex and/or invasive techniques or procedures are required the team can prepare a complex healthcare plan (CHCP). Please see further details below.
HIDA staff training and healthcare planning include:
- Complex Bowel Care.
- Enteral Feeding (includes but not limited to PEG Tube, Nasogastric tube, Jejuostomy)
- Urinary Catheter Management (In-dwelling Urinary Catheter, In-out Catheter, Suprapubic Catheter).
- Subcutaneous Injections. (Tasmania – please note insulin is the only subcutaneous injection listed under the Disability services Medication Management framework Tasmania)
- Complex Wound Management.
- Diabetes management.
- Epilepsy education & training.
- Epipen administration.
- Nebulisers and puffers.
CHCP – Complex Health Care Plan (For adults only)
In jurisdictions such as Tasmania, where complex and/or invasive techniques or procedures are required, a Complex Health Care Plan (CHCP) must be prepared. The CHCP sets out written instructions specific to an individual describing what procedures are to be performed and how they are to be done. This is typically prepared by the person’s GP.
Medecs Learning has an experienced team of Registered Nurses who are able to prepare the plans for adults, 18 years of age and above.
Training and Education
We specialise in training staff in high-risk support tasks. What are high-risk support tasks?
Support tasks performed by support workers have a higher risk of harm, injury, or death for the person being supported. Typical characteristics of a high-risk support task include multiple procedural steps, unplanned changes or events often occur and error is intolerable.
We deliver high-risk support training in:
- Medication administration refresher
- Manual handling and
- HIDA refresher training
Delivery modes include face-to-face workshop sessions and our online training suite, The Essentials Program.
Medecs Learning (RTO 45695) delivers and assesses accredited training. Units include:
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
- HLTHPS006 – Assist clients with medication
Training and Assessment delivery modes include face-to-face workshop sessions and our online training suite.