Manage Epilepsy and Seizure First Aid
This online-only course consists of one unit of content and an auto-assessed quiz. You’ll learn about how epilepsy and seizures differ, and what to do in the event of seizure events.
Who is the course for?
Anyone with roles in the healthcare and social assistance sector who would like to learn about epilepsy.
Specific To This Course
Average course completion time is around 20-40 minutes. Successful completion of this course requires 80% or more correct answers in the quiz.
- Describe the differences between epilepsy and seizures
- Demonstrate an awareness of the signs and symptoms of different types of seizures
- Discuss the impact of epilepsy and seizures on a person's quality of life
- Implement safety and first aid measures to minimise the risk of harm in the event that a person has a seizure
- Produce detailed written records of observed seizure events